Schooltrip is a tool that allows students to create their own school journey. Through an online interface the teacher can set a couple of parameters defining the skeleton of the trip. Students fill the template with information on practicalities, cultural heritage sites to visit, historical information, and so on. They learn to plan a travel from a to z, while incorporating our cultural heritage. At the end, a journal-like document is generated which can be used as itinerary guidebook.
Introduction to the training materials
The training materials are composed of three main sections:
- SchoolTrip getting started: a simple overview of things to keep in mind before creating a SchoolTrip.
- SchoolTrip manual pages: text and screenshots on how to work with the various SchoolTrip components. Different manuals are available for the teacher, or the student using the tool.
- SchoolTrip source code: find out where to get the source code under MIT license.
SchoolTrip getting started
SchoolTrip manual pages
You are a teacher
- 1. Registration and login
- This manual explains how to create a user account or login on the SchoolTrip interface
- 2. Create new SchoolTrip
- Explanation of the interface and components to create a new Trip
- 3. Manage groups and users
- Manage groups and the users who have access to your Trip(s)
- 4. SchoolTrip interactive features (teacher)
- Explains the community chatboard feature, notifications and help
You are a student
- 1. Login instructions
- Learn how to login to your SchoolTrip account
- 2. Adding the information
- This manual tells you how to add the necessary information on your Trip
- 3. Ordering the information
- This manual tells you how to order the info you found into the Journal
- 4. Finalise your Jounal
- In this manual you learn how to complete and style your travel journal
- 5. SchoolTrip interactive features (student)
- All info on the interactive features such as the community chatboard
SchoolTrip is released under the MIT License and is available for free download. You can find the SchoolTrip code package on GitHub at https://github.com/PACKED-vzw/schooltrip. For support or information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would love to hear your feedback about this tool. A simple online evaluation form is available through this link and will only take two minutes to complete. Your input is very valuable to us and we kindly thank you for taking the time.