CityQuest allows cultural organisations to easily create a quest online, and publish it to a mobile app. Send your visitors around the city to discover items from your collection and the locations they are connected to. Based on hints and media you track down an item, scan the QR code on its location and learn the (hi)story behind it.
Introduction to the training materials
The training materials are composed of three sections:
- CityQuest getting started: a simple overview of things to keep in mind before creating a CityQuest.
- CityQuest manual pages: text and screenshots on how to work with the various CityQuest components.
- CityQuest source code: find out where to get the source code under MIT license.
CityQuest getting started
CityQuest manual pages
- 1. Registration and login
- This manual explains how to create a user account or login on the CityQuest online interface website
- 2. Create new Quest
- Explanation of the online interface and components to create a new Quest
- 3. Manage existing Quest
- Manage your existing Quests: change publication status, delete
- 4. QR code 101
- Useful tips on handling the QR code reader and applying the codes on the different locations
- 1. Installation instructions
- Learn how to install the CityQuest app on your Android or Apple mobile device
- 2. Loading your CityQuest
- This manual tells you how to load the Quest data into the app, or replace the existing Quest with a new one
- 3. Play a CityQuest
- This manual tells you how to navigate through the different steps of a CityQuest and explains all app icons
Get source code
- CityQuest back-end can be obtained from https://github.com/PACKED-vzw/cityquest-back-end
- CityQuest mobile app can be obtained from https://github.com/PACKED-vzw/cityquest-mobile
For support or information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would love to hear your feedback about this tool. A simple online evaluation form is available through this link and will only take two minutes to complete. Your input is very valuable to us and we kindly thank you for taking the time.